FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:48 am
remedy

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
It would seem that there'll have to be a grace period for those already having tickets (award or paid) to accrue US miles for their flights, although until US/AA puts something out nothing is guaranteed. I'd be tempted to credit the miles to whichever carrier you'd rather accrue them with, keeping in mind that you put off doing anything until the day of your trip so can wait a while to see what news comes out.

Jim
Would not need to pull the trigger on switching FF #'s until the day of travel in March 2014, so it would make sense to wait for official confirmation before doing anything. Just thinking ahead....

Other questions re: the new American.

Can/will you be able to earn American miles on TATL BA flights? I recall that you can't in the recent past and maybe now. There is a PHX- LHR flight I would use if you could.

Would the new American increase the number of flights to AMS? AA does not fly there, and US only has one flight out of PHX on a 757. I fly there a lot.