FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:07 pm
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by calflygirl
How was Morimotos? Worth the $$? Anything particularly good or not good?
The food experience at Andaz Morimoto was very similar to Morimotos in Waikiki. If you've eaten at the Waikiki restaurant, there's not much surprise (and perhaps even compared to Morimoto's other restaurants). I asked our server if he knew the unique menu items at this Morimotos but our server could not. Personally, I've always felt that Morimotos is more form over substance--more hyped than anything else, but the wife likes it so we eat there. Wife likes the yousei dofu, which she got, and tried the sushi. Sushi wasn't any different than what you can get elsewhere, so not sure the rolls are all that worth the money (although the rolls aren't too much of a rip off). I had the ishiyari buribap and it was okay. We shared several starters, including the cold udon and french onion soup. Had to send the udon back because it came out very al dente. Very meh experience for me.

As noted above, we ate at Kaana Kitchen, and I would strongly recommend a dinner there.

By the way, Chef Ben at Kaana Kitchen is amazing. He crafted some awesome creations at breakfast. Just ask. Staff there seems to bend over backwards to accommodate requests. The $45/person "kitchen" experience is great, and even better as Diamond where it's all part of the breakfast benefit.

Last edited by slippahs; Nov 19, 2013 at 11:13 pm