FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Beijing?
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:30 pm
robyng
In memoriam

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
It's great that you were able to get UA tickets at the current rates before the devaluation goes into effect! I truly loathe Delta, and try to avoid it at all costs.

I am sure you'll be well taken care of at the Four Seasons, and look forward to reading your trip report.

While you are there make a point of tasting as many wonderful teas as you can, they are truly extraordinary.

Have a great trip
Of course - you'll get a trip report .

We will try to taste lots of teas - and also try to avoid falling for the tea room scam I've read about here (don't know if the latter story is true or not).

Hadn't heard about the devaluation. Doesn't much matter to us - because we're not much in terms of being frequent flyers these days. And - starting in 2015 - I think we'll have an issue in terms of getting decent international travel medical insurance (my husband will be 70+ then). We pretty much wiped out our Delta miles with our trip to Japan last year - and this trip wipes out most of our UA miles.

Also - I just took a look at the devaluation. Doesn't seem to affect UA bookings on UA metal too much (the partner bookings are another matter). I know many people think that First/BF on airlines like Delta or UA is sub-par - but I like to deal with a single airline when I travel to minimize any possible hassles in terms of connections/baggage/etc. Robyn

Last edited by robyng; Nov 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm