FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:04 am
GJS - yow

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Awesome service from Concierges!

Last week, I arrived at the airport, got my boarding passes, and approached security. Flipped open my bag to remove my laptop, and discovered it was missing. Not a good start for a week long business trip to CNF. I had left it in my office. I called home, pleaded with my spouse, and got her to agree to go to my office (yes, I left it there!), pick up the laptop, and bring it to YOW. In the meantime, I spoke with Helene, YOW concierge, and she said it was feasible to get the laptop to me at YYZ before the flight left for GRU. However, she was very clear that this was not within the expectations of the concierge service, and there were no guarantees that I would get it. Helene contacted the concierge at YYZ, and the Service Director on the YOW-YYZ flight after mine, and got agreement from both of them to help me.

All went according to plan. I took my flight to YYZ, and waited in the International Maple Leaf Lounge. Helene met my spouse in her car at the Departures drop-off area, picked up the laptop and took it to the service director on the next flight. THe service director flew it to YYZ,m and passed it to the concierge waiting at the arrivals gate in YYZ. THe concierge hustled it to me in the lounge, and I received it about 25 minutes before departure to GRU.

I have nothing but praise for the concierge service! This incident alone has convinced me it is worthwhile adding a MR to an upcoming trip to put me over the S100K threshold again.