FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Allure of the Seas Propulsion Issues-Feb 23, 2014 Sailing Cancelled
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:07 am
MJonTravel

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by wrp96
As someone who said these ships were too big for me previously, I was very impressed.
I'm not exaggerating when I say our 2 weeks on Allure were probably our two finest RCL cruises. Perhaps the ship being pretty new with top notch crew had something to do with it....I'm sure it did. Maybe it was just having 2 full weeks to really wind down. But the experience, the shows, everything was just excellent. Frankly, the engineering behind the ship impresses me too.

Every time I hear someone who hasn't sailed on Oasis or Allure complain about the crowds, I smile. Allure holds the distinction of being the only ship on which I never had to hunt for a pool chair, and we were full both weeks. Things would get a little busy around the elevators after a show or outside the main dining room, but otherwise, I think RCL demonstrated how to handle a crowd on these ships. Of course, booking your shows, etc. in advance was something I found to be key in keeping us out of a line.