FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - southwest refund for ticket bought for someone else?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:25 am
clover777

Exclamation southwest refund for ticket bought for someone else?

I'm a newbie to flyertalk forum and i don't know where to post this question, but it has something to do with Southwest airline anyway. First thing to say,I'm an international student so i did not know much about US's airline policies. So I bought the wanna get away ticket for my relative (with my own credit card), but he cancelled it and now i am desperately trying to find a way to get my money back. It sucks that even though i paid for the ticket, the only one who gets to use the fund is my relative, not me, and under some circumstances i cannot ask him to give the money back to me (><). Is there any way for me to use his travel credit? I asked SW's customer service and seems like the credit can ONLY be used to buy travel tickets under that passenger's name, not gift card or voucher. I think i read somewhere that you can buy plane ticket from someone else, but i'm not so sure if that can be applied to SW's strict policies over Passenger's name. Does anyone know what else can you do with Southwest credit? Has anyone been under the same situation and what did you do?