FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will US Airways get approval for new electronics rule? (updated: 11/7/13 start)
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:35 am
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Well, US has 7 regional affiliates, only 2 of which are owned subsidiaries of US Group, and they all operate as "US Express (operated by carrier name here).

AA can't just change the name of regional partners that fly for multiple mainline carriers, but can market the flights flown by any of them as Eagle.
I wasn't talking about changing the names of the various regional partners; I was commenting on AA's failure of not changing the name of its wholly-owned regional airline - American Eagle (MQ) - to something else.

American Eagle is perfectly OK as a marketing brand name, but if that's the brand, then it shouldn't also be used as the name of one of the regional providers.

US has two wholly-owned regionals and had the good sense to not name them "US Express," the brand name under which all US regionals operate.

I'm very surprised at the rather fast approval of this change. Seems to me that when government permits change, it typically takes effect in months (or a year) and not in mere days.