FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Nov 16, 2013, 1:41 am
SusanDK

Originally Posted by Fanjet

As for future TATL service from CLT. There will still be flights to LHR, CDG, MAD, and FRA. If LH drops MUC, then I see the new AA picking up the route. Just because US is leaving Star, that doesn't mean a pullout from the German aviation market. Which is the largest market in Europe. In fact, the area around DUS has Germany's largest population concentration. So perhaps a CLT-DUS flight (either by AB or AA) could happen. I think in the peak season, there will be no shortage of CLT-Europe flights to choose from.
I wish the new AA would pick up a direct Scandinavia - US route, for example, CPH-CLT. It's only possible to fly direct from CPH to the US on Star Alliance year round, and Skyteam seasonally in summer. I fly CPH-MCO a few times a year and can only make a single connection flight with Star (SK, AC, LH) or summer only with SkyTeam (DL). OW (BA) can only be done with an airport change (LHR/LGW) that doesn't appeal.

I would love if OW would give me a single connection option now that US is out of Star.