FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Visit to the Garlic Capital of the World
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:18 pm
greg99

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by Alexander123
I don't understand why you even bothered to write that? Wow at 0:27 you had a soda
I've flown literally more times than I can count to every continent on earth, save Antarctica. I don't know the number of countries to which I've traveled. I lived abroad for several years. My little kids have more passport stamps than probably 99% of Americans.

I've flown a lot. I have no idea how much, because I had a bunch of miles on airlines that no longer exist, in some cases from countries that no longer exist.

But I've never been to most of the places that Loose Cannon travels, so I read every single one of his trip reports, because I probably won't (although I live in CA, so I've spent plenty of time on I-5 and at Buttonwillow).

He bothers to write them because people want to read them and learn about the places he visits. I suspect he may also write them because there's an audience to whom he might be able to spread the Gospel, which I would guess may be of importance to him (apologies, LC, if I've overstated this).

As I recall, Loose Cannon has asked a few times whether people want to read his reports, and there is a resounding cry for more.

Your profile says you live in Taipei. I don't know where you're from originally, but if you're not from the US, and you want to know what the US and a big chunk of Americans are actually like, you should read his reports. They're not just the images you may see in the Economist and the IHT that you pick up in airport lounges and on CNN International.

These reports are actually important to this global community.

Greg