FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List your upgrades!
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:04 am
mittencuh

Originally Posted by bkafrick
OK - after driving this 2013 for a week, im stumped. Can someone who gets these BMW's often help me?

When I'm at stop lights, the engine shuts down (to save gas?) and then when I step on the gas, it turns back on. Its annoying as hell. How do I shut this off?

Whats up with the weird manual temperature dial at the center console by the vents? It appears to operate completely independantly from the main temp control?

The LCD screen is worthless. It just shows me the available radio stations. I dont seem to be able to "zoom into" a station to have it show Station Name, Song, Artist, etc... Is there anyway to change this?
You can turn off auto stop/start by pressing the button above the start button with an A with a line through it.

The center vent temperature dial is a feature that's used to be on nearly every Mercedes and BMW but is now pretty much only BMW. It controls the air flow through the two center console vents. If you leave it in the center position it goes along with the rest of climate control. It used to be around with the intention that you could blow cold air out the middle vents to help you stay awake at night at high speeds while using the defroster on a higher heat setting. In 2013 it really doesn't make sense anymore but I used to drive a 1994 E300 diesel and it actually did help keep me alert.

The 328i that I had automatically displayed all of the radio station info? I personally love the newer versions of iDrive. It's a lot better than GM's system and My FordTouch in my personal Focus Titanium.

You can find the 328i's full owners manual online at BMW's website for free.