FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL-ISP crew kick off blind man w/service dog; flight cancelled
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:12 pm
MetricFlyer

Originally Posted by Vecturist14
US Airways seems to be getting slammed in the court of public opinion - they've certainly got enough comments on their FB page to that effect, although I wonder how many people will actually follow through on their threats to boycott the airline.

If the ADA follows up on this, I think US Airways is in big trouble. I have friends who train golden lab guide dogs - the behavioral expectations for these dogs is extremely high. I don't believe the FA's comment about the dog walking up and down the aisle, although I can see the dog trying to stretch out or at least get a little more comfortable until commanded to change position (when my friends bring their dogs to church the dogs appear to doze off during the sermon).

I can see the pilot deciding to cancel the flight if he realized everyone was upset at the FA and if something happened they wouldn't listen to her or feared she'd be harassed during the flight.

Bottom line: I don't buy the FA's story and US Airways is looking at a lot of trouble from a PR, and possibly a DOT standpoint.
IIRC, there are other empty seats on the Dash-8.

Why didn't the passenger sitting next to the blind passenger volunteer
to move? That would have created an empty floor space for the dog
to rest. I'm not a dog person, but I would have moved to give them
more space.

Supposedly all of the other passenger supported the blind passenger.
Or did that not apply to the passenger sitting next to him?