FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:38 pm
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
just becasue you are chosen to opt-in does not necessarily mean you will get pre. No one can tell you if you have been accepted. You also may not get Pre every time as its a flight by by flight basis (i think its actually trip by trip) without a KTN/TTN.

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
the Southwst pre-check page says:

I thought the Airline invited people to participate, not TSA sifting through the entire RR member list.
Airline may determine who to allow to check the box to share info with TSA. Then TSA decides by whatever info WN sends to make the decision. I'm actually surprised opt-in is even being done. The word on the street is opt-in via airlines is going away when the $85 pay for pre/Global Entry light goes online. I also heard that Hawaiian airlines is doing the TTN/KTN field and no opt-in.

Originally Posted by notahappycamper
I just called and had the rep. take out my rr# and put it back in. She said 1) it's not guaranteed to help and 2) it takes 3 to 4 weeks for tsa to "approve" you
I dont think adding and removing the RR number will do anything. Its the secure flight info that is the key and RR number is not submitted to TSA

Last edited by CDKing; Nov 13, 2013 at 6:32 pm Reason: Spelling errors