FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre-Check for United Airlines Passengers - Questions and Experiences (2013)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:05 am
dorisrpas

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I told the officer that it sure was nice while it lasted to have only "pros" in the Pre-Check line. He said that they've been told that TSA's goal is to have "80% of pax going through Pre-Check by this time next year."

Ugh.
So, does this mean the TSA expects that 80% of passengers will have GE or have paid/applied to their program? Or will having a passport be enough? But then why encourage FF getting Pre-check through the airlines to apply for the TSA Pre-check? From TSA website, bolding mine. Apologies if this has been discussed here earlier - I've tried to keep up but the thread has gotten away from me ...

Current TSA Pre✓™ participants, including those eligible via a CBP Trusted Traveler Program such as Global Entry, will continue to receive TSA Pre✓™ eligibility. Participants who opted-in through their airline frequent flyer program may want to consider applying for TSA Pre✓™, as they are more likely to be selected for TSA Pre✓™ expedited screening more often if they are vetted via the TSA Pre✓™ application process.

Enrollment locations, contact information and hours of operation will be available fall 2013.

Latest revision: 29 October 2013
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is announcing plans to implement a TSA Pre✓™ application process. The TSA Pre✓™ fee-based application process will allow U.S. citizens the opportunity to apply for expedited screening without a passport.