FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre-Check for United Airlines Passengers - Questions and Experiences (2013)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:55 am
tods27

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I always take mine off, because it sets off most WTMDs. I do it before I get to the checkpoint, to save the yes-I-know-what-I'm-doing back-and-forth with other PreCheckers.
My dress shoes all have steel shanks in them so I have to take them off. I occasionally get people who are adamant that I shouldn't take them off (sounds like mgcsinc has this experience as well). I just tell them there are steel shanks in them.

Originally Posted by edcho
At MCO -- they had a dedicated TSA agent watching us and advising specific people if we started to take things out of the bag or taking off our shoes. Seemed to work well...
Saw this at MCO last Wednesday, most of the 4 people in front of me in the Pre line had no idea about the different rules, but the TSA agent was doing a good job informing them of the rules without barking. It was still a way more pleasant experience than the regular lines at MCO, which are a complete zoo.