FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:46 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Part 14 – LAN Airlines New Business Class onboard the Boeing 767-300, MIA – SCL

Time for the my First LAN Business Class flight, back when the AA code JFK – SCL deal was live, LA J was really the big motivation seeing I never go down to South America, it really is a long haul for someone used to flying TPAC routes lol

Jun 9, 2013 – Sunday
LA 501/AA 7701 MIA – SCL 10:30pm – 6:55am(+1)[Jun 10] (763/J)

After getting off AA 1090 at 8:20pm, I lamented that huge walk from D1 to J7 around the MIA Horseshoe shape terminals.
But getting into the concourse, I got saved, well sorta.

Remember my seat neighbor and her boss, both of whom were going to Santiago on the earlier LAN flight, I thought they were doomed but LAN apparently sent an Express connection golf cart for them. And after a bit of pleading on my part, they had 1 seat left for me. Thank god for hitching that ride since it saved me a lot of walk as the golf cart drove from D1 to D31, they saved at least 10 – 15 minutes of walking/waiting for the Skymover.

That still, I would never booked another AA>LA connection or vice versa unless I had 3 hours of connection time, way too scary and a marathon amount of walking

Also greeting me were non-moving travelators, D’Oh

And all in all, it took 35 minutes or 8:54pm exactly from D1 to the LAN check-in counters at concourse J and that’s with a golf cart halfway, OUCH

Miami International Airport Concourse J

LAN Business Class Check-In

Check-In took just over 10 Minutes due to a 5 min wait for a free counter.
Sadly the nude-o-scope was in full effect tonight so another massage again.
At least the MIA folks were friendly and not trying to kill one’s “family treasure”

And off to the contract LAN lounge, Club America
One phrase, “What A Dump!”

I don’t usually head to the concourse 1 Hour 20 Minutes early, but this place forget it, gate was slightly better until it was packed to the gills!

LAN Airlines Boeing 767-300

*20th flight, 54754 Miles flown since Apr 28
LAN Airlines 501
Sold as American Airlines 7701
Miami Int’l to Santiago de Chile
Scheduled - 10:30pm – 6:50am(+1)[Jun 10], 8 hr 20 min flight
Actual Departure – 10:24pm
Delayed Arrival – 6:53am(+1)
Business Class, Seat 2J
Food – Dinner, Breakfast
Equipment – Boeing 767-300 (30J/191Y New Configuration)

LAN had 4 lines, separating priority vs. and 3 other groups of Economy.
Only one big problem, they forgot flight crew + staff travel + dependences and their offsprings in that list for pre-boarding
Well, there is no way in hell I was going to be able to board ahead of those folks anyday of the week. And guess what happens when you have that big mess all on the jetway spilling pass the boarding pass scanner, everyone at the gate thought they were boarding, a complete gate crash
What a mess.

And boarding began at 9:50pm

Part 14 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; May 7, 2014 at 9:52 am