FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:29 pm
goodo

Originally Posted by yrs
My apologies for not explaining more clearly. Since domestic saver in F is not available to HNL, I was considering a North Asia trip with a stopover in HNL in J or F. In such a case, would the following routing be considered legal?

IAD-ICN/NRT(destination)-HNL(stopover)-NRT-IAD or

IAD-ICN/NRT-HNL(stopover)-NRT(destination)-IAD.
It's not you who decides which city is the stopover and which is the destination but the city which is the furthest from the origin, so NRT is your destination and HNL the stopover.

Your routing would be way over MPM. Either way, you're going to have a one way routing of IAD-NRT-HNL-NRT or NRT-HNL-NRT-IAD which is 14,390 miles, even ignoring the crazy amount of backtracking (~4k miles) the MPM+25 for IAD-NRT is 10,142 miles. The situation with ICN is even worse with a MPM of an extra 250 miles, but distance flown is +~2k miles.

All that being said this is US we're talking about, I remember them issuing a VIE-IST routing via NRT once. You can try, but don't be too disappointed if they tell you're crazy for even trying it.

goodo