FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting in TB Elections? Some things to consider.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:24 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by wharvey
We have seen people get elected to TB, and then they just disappear. Do we want that to happen?
Face it: it's going to continue to happen until Talk Board changes their own rules or the Community Director comes along and boots someone out. Has that ever happened? I complained about the level of participation here before, asking that some minimum amount of threads be involved (as little as 10%--surely a Talk Board member can post in 1 of 10 threads to show us they're still around), and there was just no support for that.

I did a quick search on a Talk Board member that I don't see a lot of. He has posted ONE TIME in the public forum since January while he has almost 200 posts in other forums ( that would be about 1% of the threads in the Talk Board forum--at least he is not at ZERO). For about four years running now we seem to have members go AWOL from the public forum. including the Talk Board president at one time.

Spiff reminded me a number of years ago that there is no requirement to publicly participate here. If I was a Talk Board member, I'd stop participating, too. Why carry the weight for the other members that don't want to participate in the various discussions taking place here? Would make it a lot easier to just shut down the forum and disband the Talk Board when the discussions stopped here.

I haven't decided whether I'm even going to vote this time. It's pretty frustrating to continue to elect members who don't want to interface with me, or other members, here on the public forum. But, hey, those Talk Board rules say you don't have to participate here, so please continue to take advantage of that, including any newly elected members who might not want to participate on the public forum. Remember the rules say you don't have to.

Tom in Galway