FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bulkhead Vs. Exit Row?
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:22 am
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
When US began getting the A320 family one of the features was that the FAs could change the seats to either recline or not with a mechanism built into the 3 seat unit. Whether that survived updates to the cabin or different seat manufacturers don't offer such a feature is something that I don't know. Maybe one of our resident FAs remembers that feature and what happened to it.

Jim
I know WN did something like that. The seat recline would be locked for takeoff and landing, but would be released during the flight for pax comfort. Seems like a good compromise to me. Nonreclining seats suck.

On another note, I'll say that Seatguru's giving misinformation on the A320 and A321 bulkhead seats, saying that the legroom's restricted. On my last MR, I moved out of 5C into 6A on the A321 based on that recommendation. Upon boarding, I wished I hadn't as there was significantly more room. Not as much as some exit rows, but enough that I would have been more comfortable - especially since exit rows were booked solid on that flight.