FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels on Maui
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:39 pm
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
This has to be one of the most depressing threads on SPG FT. And I thought the Sheraton NY was bad...

Anyway I have a client site visit in Wailuku and so am bringing the family in early December. A couple of questions:
- How long is the drive to Wailuku? I will be renting a car and it's not that far but I'm betting it's a winding road
- If we like are 2 adults & 1 8 yr old boy, and like to play tennis and snorkel, am I interpreting correctly that the Sheraton is better? The Westin has C&P so I want to make sure the Sheraton is the right choice...
- Or should I forget both and just go to the Ritz Carlton, which is going for $182 on Orbitz? Or does the drive make prohibitive?
It's about 25 miles from the Ka'anapali Beach area to Wailuku which will take you about 40 minutes with normal traffic. Add another ten minutes to that if you should stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua.

I've stayed at both the Westin and the Ritz-Carlton. As a couple, the Ritz was certainly better. But I bet your 8-year old would prefer the pools at the Westin. The Ritz may be a little too reserved for him. Just MHO.