FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Best Price guarantee
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:58 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Forgot this one, particularly funny when the hotel offers free breakfast for everybody, which means the hotel is basically ineligible for any BRG
Agreed. I stayed at the Radisson in Vilnius Lithuania... they have free breakfast for all - which means this hotel is 100% ineligible. Unlike the other posters, I don't call it a scam. It is however misleading.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
It wouldnt be false advertising. At all. "False advertising" is a term of art, which means more than "I think its wrong" or "Could have been clearer."

Plenty of commercials and ads have big promo headlines and terms in the small print. That's how advertising works.
Look Adam, apparently you're a lawyer. So I'm sure I'll never convince you of anything. However, I think it's disingenuous for a hotel chain to say "With our Best Rates Guarantee you can book any hotel at radissonblu.com and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web – guaranteed." (bold emphasis mine). And yet - there are hotels that are 100% not eligible based on the fact that breakfast is free for everyone. I understand their are T&C's. However, their T&C's do not state that certain properties may not be eligible. They do state that "Package rates that include the room and other components such as meals, amenities and entertainment." are ineligible. However, that is a sneaky way of getting around the "any hotel" claim. It is not upfront and is not easy for someone to understand. For example, it was only upon arrival at the hotel that I discovered that the hotel provides free breakfast for all.

Second, and perhaps even more importantly, they claim "We will respond within 72 hours on the status of your claim. If you have not had a response within this timeframe please e-mail [email protected]". Now, I had an example where it took them 10 days to respond. 10 days! Of course, by the time they responded (and yes, I emailed them as well, and even emailed them on Facebook and tweeted them on Twitter), the lower rate was gone. And they denied my claim because they couldn't find my lower rate. Now that could be referred to as a scam. Wait it out until the lower rate is gone and then respond. I doubt this is intentional but rather simply horrible service on their part due to understaffing and untrained personnel. However class actions have taken place on a lot less than this.

So yes, sometimes they honor the best price guarantee. But many times they make it so difficult and frustrating that people like me give up. And this I believe is intentional on their part. Unfortunately they are counting on me staying with their chain and just not participating in their BPG program. I however vote with my $'s and do not stay at their chain unless it's the only hotel in town.