FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:43 pm
maggie08

Programs: AA PLAT
My SO and I are going to vegas for new years.

Currently have tickets for a return trip on Jan 4 (LAS -> DFW). However due to a change in work schedule and having more IHG hotel points than I thought, we are now wanting to return on Jan 5.

Outright change will costs us $295/person (fee change plus flight difference), and just straight up buying new one-way tickets for the return trip is basically the same at $301/person. But I'd really rather not shell out an extra $600 period.

I've been sitting on this and waiting for any AA initiated change, hoping that it would grant me the option to change to the next day without the fee.

Today a change was issued... but only by 10 minutes. I tried, and a 10 minute change isn't enough to be bumped to the next day without a fee. (btw I'm a mere Gold and called the Gold customer service line.)

So a couple of questions:

1. What are the chances that there will be a second AA initiated flight schedule change? And that change be great enough to have leverage bumping me to the next day's flight without the fee change?

2. I'll be PLT mid December... any chance I'll have better luck with the PLT customer service line? (though I'd rather not wait that long: greater chance that 2 MCE seats together in the AB column will be gone). Or conversely, any other line that is best to call for more lenient customer service reps?

3. Any other solutions/suggestions?