FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Town - Upper Eastside {ZAF}
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:41 pm
flylocal

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by flylocal
I checked in at this hotel yesterday and I'm stunned. It's just great. Even though it is not located downtown, the location is not bad and you are everywhere in CPT within a 10 minutes cab drive. The rooms are very nice and the staff is friendly and competent. By now, I can recommend his hotel to anyone who looks for a very good affordable hotel with an international standard in CPT. I will come up with a more detailed review later.
I just noticed that I announced a more detailed review 1 month ago.
Well... there is actually not much more to say... It is a very nice, modern, safe and clean full service upscale middle class hotel not far from downtown CPT. There is a nice bar, even with a smoking lounge. The restaurant is nice, but pretty basic. No haute cuisine. But you get an honest burger, a very nice club sandwich, and a few other dishes. They have room service, but only until 10:30PM in the evening.
Over all, the hotel is excellent value for money. Of course, if you do not care about money, there are other hotels in CPT such as the Westin (where I had dinner, very nice) or the Mount Nelson Hotel where I went for lunch (also very nice).
Well... I don't know what else to tell you... if you have questions, I'll answer them