FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:48 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Back to 2 hours more of sleeping and now we’re over to Mediterranean

Instead of catching movies, I went back to read my book for the next 45 mins and soon we’re over Greece so it was the right time to open the shades for the Breakfast service

Now my expectation was, it is an 11 Hour plus flight, you would think they serve Hot Dinner + Hot Breakfast, but RJ cheapen out and serve Continental, I’m starving
With regards to AMM – JFK, RJ does serve a Lunch + Snack Sandwich + Dinner on the 13 Hour westbound flight.

Was very underwhelmed by this.

And just around 4:10pm and approaching Israeli Airspace, we’ve started our descent into the New Queen Alia Airport.

Final Routing of today’s RJ 262

I hope this is Amman, otherwise I made an idiot of myself

Watchtower at an airport

Airplane Sighting in Amman

What is this last one, what airline is this?

Finally on ground at 4:37pm and with a very short taxi in Amman, right on schedule, 4:43pm arrival

With no boarding pass issued for AMM – BKK, I head over to the transfer desk for my onward bp, 10 hour connection

Somehow, RJ offers a day-room for long connections, even on mistake fare Full Fare Y fares like mine.

Amman Airport hotel has personnel who will take you from the transfer desk, past Jordanian immigration and onto the shuttle bus to the airport hotel less than 5 min away.
This process takes anywhere between 30 – 60 minutes, depending on the amount of people at immigration, how many they wish to group together for one bus and finally the nationality of your passport.

Welcome to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Part 9 Continues Below