FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NOLA 1st timer - BudgetTips and Time savers
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:08 am
sydneysandiego

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
Wink Rabbit food and Heavy savory fare

Thank you! I appreciate a starting point -- jumping into all my travel mags, ratings, guides with nothing more than my food preferences leads me into an overwhelmed state.
I'd rather peruse a few places that have recommended and decide when i am there -- and make a reservation for later in my trip.
Ill be there several weeks before mardi gras. seeing the parade that sat is the only thing touristy I plan to do -- wandering the different hoods and seeing some history, jazz and local cuisine is the main focus for me. I am fit and will walk alot, take cabs back home at night, try a street car once or twice and use a bike a few times -
I am not real into having to lock up the bike, and return to where I left it -I'd rather walk or run. But what do you mean by mobility?

I want to see the projects. I want to see the lower 9th.

But not if it's disrespectful. on the red bus in NYC, we went through harlem and the locals yelled at the bus. we were just going through, not stopping!
and I am female, traveling solo so I guess I can't go there.
Maybe I''ll hire a local bouncer to walk around with me for a day.
j/k

Food - I want to try local cusine, and good unhealthy food .
I'll forgo my 90% vegan diet for travel/trying new things in a heartbeat.

But would like to have some healthy rabbit food and snacks to keep my energy up - any good health food stores like trader joes, sprouts, or a farmer's market or veg dining that you recommend?
Doesnt have to be in Bywater, where I am staying - I can cab it back with my groceries haul that first day.

Thank you again, for your time reading this, and for commenting.