FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:04 pm
AnthonyF1227

So I ended up staying at this hotel last month. Observations:

1. Parking - Unfortunately, you're forced to pay $40 per night for valet. The valet guys were all nice and quick in retrieving your car . No issues here except price.

2. Front Desk - Great and helpful. No issues at check-in. I had to deal with a few of them in order to get our room sorted out (I made a thread about this a while ago). They were very accommodating to help us.

3. Room - We got the KING BED TERRACE LOFT room. These rooms are actually separated from the hotel. You have to walk outside and take an elevator (or stairs) up to your room. Our room was on the 4th floor (the highest). The room itself was decently large, pretty new looking, and clean. Only negative here was that there was no fridge. Our room was in the back/side of the hotel (facing K street), so we never had issues with trains or anything. However, on Friday and Saturday night, it can get quite loud until the bars close. Music from the bars, people yelling in the streets, those guys riding those bikes with the carriages on the back blasting music.

4. Bathroom - When you first walk in you're like niiiice. When you see the shower, you're like ehhhh. The entrance to the bathroom looks like a really nice, but the shower is just a regular bath/shower combo. It did have a neat shower head that had a few different settings, although the shower curtain was odd in that it curved like a C even though the tub was rectangular (difficult to keep it in the shower). In the back of the bathroom was a door to go out onto a balcony. I'm not sure if this is standard for all of the rooms or just ours (we were next to the elevator in the corner). Unfortunately, there were disposed cigarettes just sitting on the balcony that wasn't clean. Also the view was just of the opposite side of the hotel and the apartments across the way on K street.

5. Breakfast - We got a full buffet breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, muffins, toast, fruit, etc. Also they have a person making omelets and waffles. Breakfast was good, no complaints here. We did skip it one day because we got bored of eating the same meal every day.

6. Neighborhood - It's right at the beginning of the Gaslamp Quarter if you're into that area. It's nice in that you can just walk out of the hotel and walk into the gaslamp quarter. For the bayfront hotel, the walking distance to anything is actually quite far. This was a big plus. On a side note, the Gaslamp Quarter honestly wasn't all that impressive to us, but IDK, I guess it depends on the person. We really weren't overly crazy about the city itself, but loved everything surrounding it. Anyway, there are a few stores and lots of restaurants and bars in the area.

and that's about it.

Last edited by AnthonyF1227; Nov 7, 2013 at 6:13 pm