FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG closed my acct. (after 25 Best Rate Claims) and noone will tell me why
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:51 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by notahappycamper
Still nothing from IHG to communicate the steps they took and why.
I have done another 8 successful BRGs for family members. I've also opened up a new IHG acct. using my 2nd home's address and plan to use it to exploit IHG anytime I can. Most importantly I feel really good about my closure.
Having less IHG stays has made me happier too. Hilton (diamond there), Marriott (platinum there almost lt plat), SPG (platinum there almost lt gold), Club Carlson (gold there) are all so much better- no 5k point redemption values but I frequent quite a few 10k Hilton and 7500 Marriott and SPG 4k redemptions. Also, 2 night Club Carlson redemptions with last night free from cc are pretty sweet too.

So I'll miss out on my Big Win offer and some pointbreaks but I'm pretty happy to not be staying in any Holiday Inns or Candlewoods or Indigos (cheap Ikea designs), I really only miss Intercontinentals and some Crowne Plazas.

It is attitudes and use of the IHG BRG scheme this way that lead to IHG having to add all the onerous restrictions to stop a very small minority exploiting/milking the BRG scheme to death.

To quote you verbatim...
"I've also opened up a new IHG acct. using my 2nd home's address and plan to use it to exploit IHG anytime I can. "

One hopes the second account is noticed after you make several expensive stays, and IHG retrospectively bill your credit card to reclaim any cheated hotel costs. Like IHG I would not want you for a customer either.

Like many others on FT, I am sure the reason your account was deleted was because you were already exploiting IHG and got caugh. Other FTers have made many claims without breaking/manipulating the rules and IHG do not mind the many claims.