FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:47 am
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Can someone with Expert Flyer please check the MPM for BCN-BNE?

I'm finding several options. The majority use LH in convenient connections which seem to have plenty of availability on UA & ANA tools but I am worried US won't see this LH space (per prior reports) so I need to form some back-ups. Going via PEK (MPM permitting) if I can get a long enough layover to dash into town and see the Forbidden City or something.

This is also my last chance to try some different J class between Australia & Europe. We already have to use TG & SQ out of BNE so trying to get some LH, TK, BR, CA between Europe & SIN or BKK. MS is widely available but the layover is less than 4 hours so not enough time for a quickie CAI trip. We have already been around Europe and IST so would prefer a quickie trip via PEK or TPE. The return is an open jaw so no stopovers allowed.

I would like to get BCN-ZRH-GVA-PEK-SIN-BNE if it's in the MPM with 12 hour layover in PEK on LX, CA & SQ.

Plan B is BCN-ZRH-AMS-TPE or BKK-BNE on LX & BR

Are the 9W TK flights better or worse than the normal ones? We would book J but have no status so probably won't get the first row seats.