FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:41 am
kaiotes

i am trying to get on 1522. Whether it would be same day confirmed or same day standby. I know i can get on the free one but if it is sold out my chances are kinda limited in trying to standby. My ticketed flight is on 197 at 5.10pm. If i cant get on the 1522, i wouldn't be fly out on Saturday would i?
Well it is a little early to do standby as you can only do that day off. I'm planning on going to SJC in the morning to get the Ticket agent to get me on the list. I am assuming any agent at an airport can do. but my chances are limited if the flight is sold out.

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Ok first of all, there are two different things: same day standby (free for elites), and same day confirmed flight change ($75 regardless of status). Which one are you trying to do?

If there's no E inventory for that flight, then you won't be able to CFC onto that flight. But there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to standby for that flight. Did you ask to standby, and was refused? If so, call again.

Are you talking the AA1522 redeye on Friday? That flight is currently Y1, but there more than 1/3 of the seats are unoccupied (mostly premium seats). Possibly lots of non-elites have tickets but opted not to pay for a seat, or maybe they're restricting inventory for some other reason.