FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta New 737-900ER Interior
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:03 pm
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
First, let me say I appreciate Chris engaging the Delta FT forum in this manner. It's clear that not everybody likes the changes, but the discussion in here is far more civil than in certain other threads, and that's in no small part to to Chris's sincerity and responsiveness. One can only hope the other departments at Delta take note.

Hard to criticize F:Y ratios. Delta has stated 10% as the target, and we've known all along the 757s were F heavy compared to the rest of the fleet. This will certainly impact the likelihood of Medallion upgrades from what we're used to, but with DL setting the 10% target, there's hardly any more to discuss along that front.

However, Chris's area of expertise is the product, not the loyalty program, so I hope he can take our input on the hard product back to the appropriate Delta customer experience teams. And along those lines, I'll add my feedback that non-tilting video screens are a huge miss. Everybody owns a monitor or television with a viewing angle that probably exceeds these new PTV screens... and nobody tilts it down towards their lap for viewing because they think it looks good that way. Yet that's essentially what happens when the person in front of you reclines. "Can't see the screen" is a bit dramatic, but there's no question it's a poor experience.