FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta New 737-900ER Interior
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:17 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
You and pbarnette are like abused spouses "s/he loves me really and didn't mean to hurt me".
That you would trivialize spousal abuse in such a way is illustrative of how much perspective you've lost over what is a business transaction.

To paraphrase the great William Shatner: get a life, it is just a damn airline.

Seriously, we're paying more and getting less and you seem to invoke some mysterious inner knowledge of market forces instead of screaming "No freakin' way this is ok" as good customers should.
You can feel free to stomp your feet and throw a hissy on a meaningless message board if you think that is what "good customers" should do. I'm not interested.

If nothing else, we're saying LOUDLY that there is a market for people who are happy to pay money for non-bottom products and maybe that will encourage new or existing businesses to compete with DL in a race to the top.
I laughed at this. Is there a market? Yes. Is that market large enough to sustain anything resembling a national airline. Not a chance.

I'm not saying ad hominems are ok w.r.t. Chris posting, but I have not seen any personal attacks. Repeating the party line and expecting us to lick his/her boots just for stating what we already know and are unhappy about is just silly. Chris is doing his/her job by posting here, pretty sure this is not on Chris's free time.
It isn't personal attacks, just relentless negativity.