FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta New 737-900ER Interior
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:11 am
NotHamSarnie

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
THIS!

Thank you, Chris. Apologize for the boorish behavior on here. Many of these folks are obviously NOT business travelers, and obviously have no common decency when it comes to communication. Your input is appreciated, and it is always interesting to see how fluid DL has become to changing market conditions.
You and pbarnette are like abused spouses "s/he loves me really and didn't mean to hurt me". Seriously, we're paying more and getting less and you seem to invoke some mysterious inner knowledge of market forces instead of screaming "No freakin' way this is ok" as good customers should. The problem here is that there appears to be little choice among the products offered by the legacies. If nothing else, we're saying LOUDLY that there is a market for people who are happy to pay money for non-bottom products and maybe that will encourage new or existing businesses to compete with DL in a race to the top. This hasn't worked in the past, but maybe now in this heated economy is the time... in any case letting businesses know that not everybody is ok with the current product is what customers should do in a market-driven economy.

If we were going for an airline advertising $200 RTs I'd expect to be milked for anything they could get from me, but I'm not that person, and this airline isn't serving my needs.

I'm not saying ad hominems are ok w.r.t. Chris posting, but I have not seen any personal attacks. Repeating the party line and expecting us to lick his/her boots just for stating what we already know and are unhappy about is just silly. Chris is doing his/her job by posting here, pretty sure this is not on Chris's free time.