FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Blocks Flyertalk For AA Passenger [MXP Lounge]
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:25 pm
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
Moderators: I was trying to cast this as an AA post, but you may want to move it elsewhere.

I, as an AA EXP, was flying on an AA issued ticket on AA from JFK to MXP and then on to Amman, Jordan on an AA issued ticked on Royal Jordanian (RJ, a OneWorld Partner). With a layover at MXP (Milan), I had time to spare, so I went into the BA/AA club and tried to log on to Flyertalk to find out what all of you were reporting about AA. Needless to say, no matter how many times I tried, or how I tried, I could not log on as BA, the Club I was at, said that FT was "illegal or offensive" and so they blocked it. I thought with Microwave on board, he would have lighted up Willie by beaming some of his magic on him. Come on, BA, lighten up--please tell me why Flyertalk is illegal or offensive!! Is it because a moderator has slapped me on the wrist in the past? Help!!!
Was it an AA lounge or BA lounge?
A lot of places block social networking sites.
What you need is a VPN provider that gets you around this.
There are other uses for them, as I am in Israel and I use one so I can have a US ip address and watch Hulu, CBS, Netflix, etc.
A free one is Hotspot Shield (http://www.hotspotshield.com/)
I have used it on my laptop. I was going to use it on my iphone, but some people have reported problems with it and the inability to get rid of it, so I haven't put it on my iphone. You can google for vpn services and find quite a few.