FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:18 pm
raccah

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
It is CVS corporate policy that you can purchase all GCs and Reloads (except Green Dots) with a credit card. Any employee or manager telling you otherwise is mistaken. If you want to avoid confrontation then its best to walk away and comeback later. Many ppl here would encourage you to do just that. If you want to put that store in check and have them follow the rules from here on out then one way is to let CVS's 1-800 customer care know that this particular store is not complying wih policy. Often times the customer care rep will call the manager on duty at the store in question and inform then of the policy. You will be able to purchase immedaitely after that. I have had to do this on 3 different occassions at 3 different stores. Each time i have requested a formal complaint be filed which manadates that a district manager call you back within a few days. During those conversations i was assured me that i am able to purchase these products with a credit card. I have had no issues with these stores since then.

When they say you cant buy wih a CC its not to be total d*cks but a way of preventing CC fraud. Only customers with legitimate business with these products will go through the extra ordinary step of calling them out on it and filing a complaint. Of course, once they start following the rules they will most likely follow it to the letter (i.e. 1k a day).

Good Luck
Hey KYBOSH, I tried your idea, because this store was really ticking me off. I called, and the man said, it was 100% allowed to use a CC, he said he would call the store. Put me on hold, and then came back and said, he could do nothing as the store was overriding him! I said really, the store can override corporate?

Anyway, gave up after that - love this game sometime