FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:35 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
relating to all the above instances being discussed, I have run into the following at many stores... CVS, RA, WG, DR, grocer, etc:

(at anything that comes up over $500)

Store: Sir can we see your ID?
Me: Sure. (and I hand them the card and my ID)

Store: We have had some instances where people have stolen peoples's CCs, then come in here quickly, and bought GCs like the ones you are buying. Then they toss the stolen CCs and take off. All we have is them on camera but they could be wearing a hat or something so you cant even always see who it was.

Then they cash these out --and some know there's a PIN feature so they get the money off quickly, and the person who had their CC stolen is out of luck!

This is why we need to check your ID.

I always have it ready to show and almost WANT the clerk to see it and get a manager so no one is nervous and everything complies. That way there's no question and thus, no issue with some guy (me) buying lots of these GCs.

I do like that some stores do not check so you can sometimes use a GC to buy a GC or PP item, but in general I have no problem if the store has new policies whereas they need to see my ID when I buy over a certain amount. I do NOT like it if they want to photocopy it or write info in some loose binder that could be snagged by anyone, or something like that.
Ive been pulling my DL out along with the CC, most of the time they dont even look at it , just having it ready they said good enough for them, Hey anyone know where I can get some fakes,LoL

Every OS wanted to see it and compared the names on both as do the so called gas stations where some things still may work