FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Last Long-Haul T3 Trip Report? The Almost-F Experience...
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:52 am
NTA

The Last Long-Haul T3 Trip Report? The Almost-F Experience...

I was recently lucky enough to fly LHR-BKK in F, on one of the last BA long-haul flights out of Terminal 3.
I wasn't expecting a full T5 experience, but this really was a sub-par ground experience. I've written about in the TR forum and won't repeat myself here (and will also state I have carefully removed all humour from the TR before posting ) but I thought it was interesting to discuss here specifically how BA treated their T3 long-haul as they wound down their long-hauls ops.

The spa closed well before the flight left (so no chance of a massage), the security queues had to be seen to be believed, and the special pre-flight dining menu that was advertised on the web site had been replaced with the regular lounge food (albeit with table service). The pre-flight dining service was a bit like a scene from Little Britain - the waitress was very polite & quiet, and formally took everyone's orders - before going behind our booth, opening the kitchen door and bellowing it at the chef. The chef and the waitress had quite the ongoing shouting match every time the door opened, but as soon as she came back in to view of the diners she was politeness personified!

Once we were onboard though, everything was perfect. The plane had old first, but it was absolutely spotless & everything worked well – albeit with an old-fashioned décor.

Anyway, the full trip report is located here, or you can go directly to the videos below - I know how FTers like a comprehensive look at the cabin, so enjoy!

Oh, and I also came back on a 747 - this time in J - but got to enjoy the Upper Deck before it was enhanced away to a 777 on this route. More details are in the link above to the TR forum, or you can go directly to the video here:

Last edited by NTA; Apr 1, 2015 at 9:01 am