FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Denial continues - Globe & Mail story
Old May 19, 2003, 9:46 am
parnel
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I seem to recall CP had both Peter Laugheed and Bob Rae on its board in the last few years. Many large corporations have ex-senior politicians on their boards: ADM has Brian Mulroney [as does Barrack and a half-dozen other corporations including Forbes], George Bush is on a few, and David Petersen littered so many he lost track. How many has Mike Harris turned up on? Don Mazinkowski sits on Shaw Communications board. The banks tend to prefer former deputy minister, like Marshall Cohen and Ed Clark, to their political bosses. But I notice a few, like TD, also keep big "customers" on their board: Ted Rogers of Rogers Communications and Darren Entrwhistle of Telus.

BTW, AC's new board chair is the former head of Bombardier Aerospace, who replaces Fraser, which seems to escaped many commentators. Not sure how much more industry experience one can get without bringing Don Carty on board!
</font>
Now you are starting to convince me you're not a pinko