FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:16 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by thomas199023
bump. Any recent experiences?
Yes. They still tend to have older, higher mileage cars, but they are often decently equipped and run very well. They also have some newer stuff too.

Make sure you sign up to be a Gold member, as the Gold booth has very friendly people, especially in the afternoons and evenings.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info about the location ^

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
I believe Jzweighaft is the man to answer this........... and he seems to get excellent service, not least because he has taken the time to befriend the staff there (and make reasonable requests for upgrades, special cars to be made available etc). A policy which usually pays dividends anywhere!i
It certainly helps to be on a first name basis with most of the customer-facing staff I usually book ICARs so I don't ask for insane upgrades to Infinitis and Benzes, but a Charger or a new Malibu? Not a problem. I've even taken a Prius and recently a VW CC at no extra charge.

-J.