FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you think Emirates is superior to SQ?
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:11 am
sunseeker

unfortunately: yes...

Originally Posted by LAX888
Are you sure that is still the case? If I recall this has been changed and the pricing for suites and first are the same.

In general I think SQ is still a much more polished and better run airline than Emirates is. Emirates is quite inconsistent across the board and you can have great planes and also not so great planes. Still having a middle seat in business is an absolute no no for me (on 777 aircrafts). Also I just cannot get warm with having to transit in Dubai as the airport is just not great. I prefer Changi airport anyday. Also having to sacrifice a nights sleep because I have to change planes in the middle of the night is just a pain.

I do have to agree though that on the pricing side Emirates offers good value for its product usually but even then they are getting more and more expensive. I think Qatar and Oman are better priced with a better product at the moment. The only negative with them is that their network is not as big as EK.

However given the choice I would take SQ anyday over EK.
... i am sure, since i was given this "generous" offer when making a booking for this route just 2 weeks ago.

other than that, however, i fully agree, SQ is a more consistend carrier.