FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:00 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by keirnna
Sure, I addressed them to the floor? manager on checkout. His response was two fold: the staff are new and please give us another chance next time you are in town. Not really acceptable at all.

Our group booked three rooms. We had two golds and an plat75 in our party. The disappointment started with the Lifetime Plat/Plat75 not able to use his SNA and receiving no upgrade upon check-in. We all had the same room. Throughout the stay the majority of the staff was at best indifferent and at worst rude. There were a few exceptions for which I gave accolades to the manager, but I experienced staff completely ignoring me when I entered the hotel. I'll follow up more shortly. The hotel had pluses and minuses but compared to the service at the Grand Hyatt Taipei I was not even close to impressed.
Hmm, this is another recent post that claims there was recent turnover and the staff are new. I'm in TPE for all of November and will stop by the hotel to see if I recognize anyone and get a feel for how the staff are. I would hate to think the one thing that made this hotel so spectacular has been replaced - and for what reason, I have no idea.