FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:59 am
healthnut

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
In simple math YES, 100K v just 50k then wait and get the Citi Hilton card which will give you 150K total a no brainer in my book. Also this whole "devaluing" of Hilton points to me is way too much. For what we are paying truly to stay at these hotels it is still a great bargain.
I totally agree in this aspect. I need to decide how many cards/inquiries I want to take for my first AOR. I currently have 7 hard inquiries (give or take) with each union. I know this is not many for a churner, but I also have a slim credit portfolio right now and a limited income, so I need to start small.

Really depends on how much churning you want to do. For me, the Hilton cards are so low value they never make it to the top but I don't apply as fast as a lot of other people and Hilton is a particularly bad option for my stay pattern.

Not really a wrong answer as long as you'll get a high enough value for them eventually to make it worth the credit pull. (i.e. don't pass up a higher value offer so you can get a hilton card if you're limiting your # of inquiries)
I will have to specifically look at my future trips and see where/if Hilton is needed. Although, with the churnability, as discussed before, I could acquire quite a lot of points through 2-3 years with Hilton.

My main goal is to get some cards down that I can readily churn every 6-9 months. I have learned so far that the Citi AA, BOA Alaska, and Citi Hilton can do so, so that was my rationale in adding them to the pile.