FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:39 am
healthnut

Originally Posted by rambo
I applied for USB Club carlson card 2 weeks back w/o freezing ADS or IDA and I was instantly approved.

For me (residing in CA),
USB pulled Equifax
Barclays pulled TU
Chase/Citi/BOA pulled experian

So if it works out for you, you can add Club carlson as well.

For Alaska card, there are 3 different links.
1. 25K bonus with $100 statement credit
2. 30K bonus
3. 25K bonus with 15K bonus after 1 year, if you spend 2K a month for the first 12 months.
Make sure you pick the best one that works for you.

I notice that you are interested in Citi Honors. BOA has Virgin Atlantic card with 50K bonus which transfers to 100K HH points.

I applied for BOA Virgin and Alaska on the same day and I had to call them to get the second one approved.

Good luck.
I'm only interested in Hilton because I've read that it is very churnable. The Virgin Atlantic card is also tempting because of their partnership with Delta now. I wouldn't have to wait 8 days either!! I also don't see any other cards that I can get without tapping into Chase.... I want to do SW Companion pass in October 2014 so I really want to limit myself with them.

If you don't receive the confirmation letters from ARS and IDA prior to your AOR, you can call them directly to inquire if your report has been frozen. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for this! I will do so then because I believe that card will be great for hotels in Germany!