FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:15 am
rambo

Programs: BA, AA, United
I applied for USB Club carlson card 2 weeks back w/o freezing ADS or IDA and I was instantly approved.

For me (residing in CA),
USB pulled Equifax
Barclays pulled TU
Chase/Citi/BOA pulled experian

So if it works out for you, you can add Club carlson as well.

For Alaska card, there are 3 different links.
1. 25K bonus with $100 statement credit
2. 30K bonus
3. 25K bonus with 15K bonus after 1 year, if you spend 2K a month for the first 12 months.
Make sure you pick the best one that works for you.

I notice that you are interested in Citi Honors. BOA has Virgin Atlantic card with 50K bonus which transfers to 100K HH points.

I applied for BOA Virgin and Alaska on the same day and I had to call them to get the second one approved.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by healthnut
Okay, hopefully last post about my first AOR occurring next week. There's just been a lot of great help on here and I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so I can start out right.

Currently:
Chase Freedom (11/12)
Chase Hyatt (6/13)
CSP (5/13)
AMEX BCP (6/13)

Planning on the following (in order):
Barclay US Airways--35,000
BOA Alaska--25,000
Citi AA Visa--50,000

8 Days later--Citi HHonors

I'd love to get a Chase UA card in there to focus on UA/AA miles, but I can't imagine approval until my next churn because of the recent openings with them.

I sent letters to ARS and IDA for them to freeze my accounts. If I receive them back by the time of my churn, I'll apply for Club Carlson after US Air.