FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: Phoenix airport screening draws angry complaints
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:33 am
gsoltso

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by chollie
Yes, I'm aware that some lie. I'm also aware that some tell the truth. I believe eyecue when he talked about why TSA at DEN tried to confiscate an actor's light-saber walking stick because it exceeded SSI criteria for deciding if it could be allowed. I do not know why GSO (supposedly) doesn't have a copy of the same procedures that DEN does; I do know that I believe eyecue when he says he actually talked to a supervisor in the pictures of the incident to get an accurate understanding of what went down and why.
First of all, thanks for the kind words and for being respectful, I truly appreciate it. Second, I have checked with my SOP gurus here and at other locations nationwide through my network, and I have found no indication of specific measurement requirements as to length or size on the walking sticks/canes. Third, I tend to stay away from suggesting specific forms of redress without having all the information from both sides - which I do not in the Armato case. Based entirely on what I have read in the articles, I think that the situation could have been handled much better, and some form of redress should have taken place (and for all we know, it may have and we just don't know about it) - barring some information that would justify what happened (which would be a pretty high bar to hit IMHO).

Originally Posted by chollie
I took it to mean that 1) it never should have happened and 2) 'redress' B]should[/B] have been 'applied' - it clearly wasn't, because PHX TSA continued to harass and retaliate against Amato.
+1 in your interpretation of my other post.

Last edited by gsoltso; Oct 26, 2013 at 8:34 am Reason: Remove redundant commentary