FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: Phoenix airport screening draws angry complaints
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:10 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by T-the-B
I hear what you are saying. It was not my intent to put gsoltso aka <deleted> in an untenable position. I just wanted clarity on what he meant when he said, "I have not forgotten about Stacy Armato, and I have indicated before that things should have been handled much better, and proper redress should have been applied." My idea of proper redress would probably differ from his. I was truly interested in what he would think proper redress would be.

If he thinks it would mean "retraining" for the TSOs involved that would be one thing. If he thinks it would mean their immediate dismissal and referral to police for criminal charges that would mean something else. Between those two extremes are any number of other possible actions that could constitute redress. Hearing gsoltso's ideas of what would be "proper redress" would indicate whether his words represented a sincere desire to see TSA actually do the right thing in an egregious case or were just empty platitudes.

Unfortunately, his response to my sincere question tends to support the latter interpretation.
I took it to mean that 1) it never should have happened and 2) 'redress' B]should[/B] have been 'applied' - it clearly wasn't, because PHX TSA continued to harass and retaliate against Amato.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 26, 2017 at 3:32 pm Reason: Privacy / Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post