FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: Phoenix airport screening draws angry complaints
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:42 am
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chollie
That said, I have seen no evidence that <deleted> falls in that category. He may - it's an IBB, after all, short of going through his checkpoint repeatedly and seeing for myself, I don't know. But I'm taking him at his word, even though I have made it clear that I think he bends over backwards to give his own organization a greater benefit of doubt than he does pax. That's understandable - he's never transited a checkpoint as a handicapped pax. Perhaps if he did a few hundred times in a few dozen airports as a 'secret shopper', he'd understand a bit more of where we're coming from.

Just MHO.
Oh, my experiences are great and have been for over a year; I use the Übermenschen lanes at the checkpoint in both directions and when there's no Übermenschen lanes, I use the skills I learned from Flyertalk to avoid the NOSs. My opinion of <deleted> comes from his behavior. Look again at some of what he wrote in the comment I quoted:

Anon began with – “Everyone is harping on the "Not Guilty" verdict. A jury of his peers found OJ Simpson not guilty as well while most thinking Americans disagreed.” And continued with many other comments.

Thanks! Nice to see someone else making a point about what happens when the process is held up for personal reasons instead of sheer volume of traffic. It causes delays and takes away time from other people. Thanks for making these points.

Earl Pitts sez – “There's a big difference between leaking actual classified information and an overused SSI.”

From a end user point of view, there is no difference. The TSO at the checkpoint has to operate under the rules they are given. You may make the case that some of the items rated as SSI should not be SSI, but to the TSO at the TDC, it makes no difference – they still have to follow those rules until the classifying authority rates the information non-SSI. The TSOs all the way up to FSDs and beyond have a duty to follow those rules, to do otherwise could open them up to charges/punitive actions on behalf of the organization.

Anon sez – “So you're more important than me?”

No passenger is more important than any other, so your argument makes the case for both sides of this argument. A passenger making a social statement is no more important than the one wanting to get through screening and go get a coffee. The problem is the one making a stand causes delays for others, and the others have a valid right to make complaint about it – just like you have the right to complain about the procedures in place in the checkpoints.

Anon sez – “How in the world could all of the TSA employees involved in checking this man's identity not know that it is permissible to record at the checkpoint?”

The question was not about filming in the checkpoint area, but about what was being filmed – namely SSI material, which the TSOs have a duty to try and prevent.
So, he uses a comment from a clerk pretending to be a passenger to blame Mocek for "holding up the process,", responds to another comment by blaming Moceck for "causing delays", and responds to another comment by lying about what happened. Moceck's video makes clear that it wasn't about "SSI," it was about filming in the checkpoint.

<deleted> blamed the victim of TSA misconduct for the results of that misconduct, and also lied. He could have simply refrained from posting, rather than attacking and lying about Mocek.

What do you call someone who tells lies? I know what I call them. What do you call a government employee who gratuitously attacks and lies about a victim of government misconduct?

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 26, 2017 at 3:29 pm Reason: Privacy / Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post