FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:06 am
ajnaro

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Barton Cove

...Thanks to all who posted info on the Finnair bus from the airport - it was easy to find at the airport, an easy ride in to the train station, and fairly easy to walk to the hotel, even in the dark on a rainy night. The only confusion was on the part of the bus driver who, when I asked him if it would be easy to walk to the Kamp before I got on the bus, looked me up and down, and said "The Kamp is very expensive, you know." I didn't have time to explain that I had found a nice prepaid rate several months ago.
I guess the Kämp isn’t the sort of hotel his passengers’ usually ask about. If you want to go one notch higher, there is the so-called Airport Taxi Yellow Line, which is really a sort of shared ride mini-van similar to the blue Super Shuttle found at many US airports. It will take you directly to the Kämp’s door from the airport (or the other way) and accepts credit cards.