FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changed star alliance award from coach to business class - miles not deducted
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:16 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uvasteph
Lufthansa says that they have tickets issued in business class and I am able to select business class seats on the Lufthansa website.

Unfortunately, I have misplaced the original eticket from United, so I can't compare the original eticket with the one that's affiliated with my business class itinerary. Any thoughts on what I should do next, if anything?

I certainly don't mind calling United as I assume United will deduct the additional miles at some point. My main concern is making sure that my husband and I have business class seats for our trip. I'm not sure who to call to confirm that everything is as it should be.
LH has confirmed you're ticketed. Print copies from the LH website. It's most likely that UA will ultimately deduct the proper miles. If you are totally paranoid then yes, you could call UA and alert them to the issue. But there's always the chance that alerting UA will result in the agent doing something that messes up your ticketed reservation.