FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta360 for HVC DM's
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:15 pm
jsmith50

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Well...it's not me either...at least not yet. Still don't know what is in the package at the house from DL but I had a long chat this evening with my buddy at DL about the new program and while he was unfortunately able to confirm that I wasn't invited, he was able to provide some insights into the trial run period.

Apparently, for this initial roll out, DL did not exclusively focus on the ultra high spenders. They worked to invite a 'random' mix of the top tier DMs with 'geographical equity.' He says they tried to limit invites to those located in ATL or with minimal connections through ATL as this is one of the prime sites for car service between gates, previously referred to as Porsche pickup. Obviously, Atlantans have little need for this service and it is an exceptionally DM-rich/HVC region where they couldn't invite everyone. The initial focus is not, he says, on creating a higher 'tier' (and he says he is anti-tier terminology...he mentioned repeatedly that this was not intended to add an additional tier but to 'enhance services' provided to certain HVCs). The trial period is also focused on testing DL's system capacity to ensure that they can successfully implement this come 2014.

Interestingly, he claims that the 'average' DM will never notice that special services are being provided to some FFs. He described these 360 services as 'invisible' to the day-to-day flier. He says this should not impact UG percentages, or any of the other advertised benefits of the medallion program as, once fully rolled out, the folks that will be invited will be the ones at the top of the pile anyway. He also added that while the trial period is scheduled to run through February 2014, he doesn't anticipate the rest of us will get invites until probably mid to late 2014 once DL has had the chance to crunch the numbers and assess the impact the trial period has had. Once that happens, he expects that there will be some in this initial rollout that may be dropped from the program but those that spend in the top 5%, give or take, will likely be the ones receiving invites plus some lower spend DMs who buy high price full J tickets exclusively (this is, not surprising, the direction that DL wants to chase, embrace and pamper so that hopefully they will spend even more with the airline).

He also added folks at DL continue to be more than mildly amused at FT discussions. He said that in some internal meetings that 360 was jokingly referred to as the FT project/FT medallion, etc.

While I am in no way DYKWIA, I was highly looking forward to being the first to be able to post a 360 card/credential/website shot...will have to wait for me.