FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Remember when people got excited about an Apple announcement?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:28 pm
edoa

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I will say the Mac Pro is a beautiful piece of computery. A $400 home-built rig has more than enough computing power for my needs, so I won't ever have a need for a $3000 one. I wonder how much a decked-out config will cost.

I think Apple totally shot themselves in the foot with giving both the iPad mini and iPad Air the exact same resolution. I guess they've figured out that enough people are willing to spend an extra $100 for an extra 2" of display to justify another production line. Google, B&N, and Amazon all have differentiated their models with even more resolution on the bigger one.

The urge to keep my two HP TouchPads continues to dwindle. Either a Kindle Fire HD or Sero 7 HD Pro for the kids to share, and a Nexus 7 for Mrs. Swede and I to share.
Yeah I was hoping to be able to configure a MacPro, just to see the price

I don't think it is a bad idea to give them the same resolution. Now, if I would want to buy a iPad, I just have to decide on which screen size is the best... Less technical difference (apart from the pixel density, but my guess is, you cant really see the difference...), makes the decision easier, if you specifically want to buy a iPad.

On a side note, if anyone is upgrading a Macbook to Mavericks and has a additional screen connected to it, either close the display of the mac (have not tried that, but it might work), or just disconnect the additional display... My MBA from 2012 just showed some cricked lines when I tried to install it with a additional screen connected. After disconnecting the screen, it worked...