FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:33 pm
A380 Flyer

Possible to stay in airport at BOM?

I have a flight with Emirates from DXB which could land at around 2am (I haven't chosen which EK flight I want yet, although that one is the best option for my query), and my onwards flight from BOM is with Singapore Airlines at 08.45 the same morning.

We all know EK and SQ have a luggage interline agreement, but this is India, after all. I don't expect anything to be easy and simple.

I will effectively arrive at BOM and need to find a transfer desk to get my onwards boarding pass. Is this service available anywhere at BOM, let alone just after I get off the plane?

My luggage will be taken care of and checked through to Singapore (Beijing actually) but I will not have a visa of any kind as I do not plan to leave the airport. I am aware that even passing immigration to collect luggage requires an expensive visa in India, and this is why I am hoping to stay airside.

But do you think it would be possible to find a transfer desk at 2am and switch from one airline to another to obtain a boarding pass? This is India, after all.